The successful candidate will be accountable for overall management of assigned projects with goals of timely project completion, adherence to project budgets and contracted activities, and client satisfaction. The Project Manager will be responsible for resource planning for each project in coordination with operational leadership. This person interfaces with every department internally and with client representatives having various functions including, but not limited to: Formulation and Analytical R & D, Business Development, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, QA / Compliance, Quality Control, Logistics and Manufacturing.
- Provides oversight and direction to ensure execution and delivery of all assigned projects on time and within budget.
- Motivates the project team to achieve project objectives through successful completion of project tasks.
- Effectively prioritizes and coordinates the activities of the team.
- Arbitrates and resolves issues, conflict and interface problems within the project team and between functional partners and stakeholders.
- Works closely with the clients and management/departmental leaders to overcome obstacles to project success. Negotiates additional project
scope / activities with clients when changes are requested or required to progress projects forward.
- Assures effective project team and internal/external communication, keeping all informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables. Assures that project documentation is kept current, clear and transparent and is communicated as appropriate. Writes project scope, work orders, budgets / proposals in order to ensure client compliance and involvement in the project outcomes.
- Escalates key decisions, issues, risks and opportunities as required to achieve project objectives.
- Helps to manage and build relationships with external partners, e.g., vendors, as appropriate.
- Represents projects at required internal and external meetings to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
- Assists Business Development team to prepare proposals.
- Manages existing client relationships and identifies new project opportunities through continual interaction and solicitation through periodic follow-up or routine project communications.
- Must participate and successfully complete all training as required by the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or business with 3-5+ years related project management, R&D, and/or manufacturing experience (drug substance or drug product) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Previous experience with pharmaceutical solid dosage, liquid or topical manufacturing and working in a cGMP regulated environment.
|Knowledge and Skills
• Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills.
• Capable of making quick assessments; taking corrective action using good judgment and appropriate decision making steps.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and business related application packages highly desired, plus the ability to learn company used applications. Knowledgeable in MS Project and JMP software highly desired.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and facilitate resolution of issues that may arise.
• Ability to effectively present information to both in-house and external top management.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Effective leader under time pressure, team player, accurate and patient.
Frontida BioPharm, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in Philadelphia, PA. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.