To ensure that all, new and existing laboratory equipment in all Frontida Biopharm Laboratories remains qualified and calibrated and in good working order by managing a team of metrology / calibration / instrumentation analysts. In addition, will manage the calibration of instruments in Manufacturing. This position will look for opportunities to improve existing service levels and determine opportunities for harmonization, quality improvement, and cost reduction.
• Manage instrumentation master listing to support ARD, QC, and Manufacturing.
• Verify that the calibration schedule is maintained
• Arrange for service and report instruments
• Approve protocols and reports for qualifications and calibrations
• Write, approve and train on instrument related SOPS
• Supervise resident metrologists and instrumentation specialists, resolve priority conflicts, and assign tasks
• Perform additional projects at the request of QC/CMS/ARD Management. Freely communicate with the management staff from each functional area to understand changing priorities and ensure minimum to no service interruptions.
• Interact and coordinate services with the IT department as needed.
• Management of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) which is Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager.
• Purchase and qualify new instruments
• Must participate and successfully complete all training as required by the company.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field of study and 5 years of experience in instrumentation or installing, calibrating, maintaining, and repairing equipment (i.e. HPLC, GC, UV/VIS, FTIR, and Spectrophotomete)r and 3 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experiences. Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred. Must have good written and oral communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and business related application packages highly desired, plus the ability to learn company used applications. Must have experience with Blue Mountain Asset Management software or similar product.
Knowledge and Skills
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, terminating and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Frontida BioPharm, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in Philadelphia, PA. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frontida BioPharm, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in Philadelphia, PA. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries through our services. We aim to create a healthy, caring and dedicated work environment for our employees, so they can provide the highest quality healthcare products for patients. But we understand that the world is bigger than our four walls. That’s why we make it our duty to contribute to our community as individuals and as a corporation, and keep our community in mind in everything we do.