Who we are
Quality manufacturing, extraordinary care
Frontida is the Greek word for “caring”, so at Frontida BioPharm, the utmost care is put into everything that we do. Building on the legacy of URL Pharma, a business established in Philadelphia over 65 years ago, our team is built with key personnel from our Philadelphia and Aurora locations, experienced in the development and manufacture of oral dosage forms for cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine, CNS conditions and infectious diseases. Our manufacturing facilities are equipped to produce over 3 billion immediate and controlled release tablets and capsules yearly. Our primary goal is to improve the lives of the patients who take the drugs we manufacture through innovation and quality. We strive to ensure the success and business goals of all our clients, remaining accountable to their requirements, while contributing in positive ways to our team members and local communities.
Our vision is to make a positive impact on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries through our services. We aim to create a healthy, caring and dedicated work environment for our employees, so they can provide the highest quality healthcare products for patients. But we understand that the world is bigger than our four walls. That’s why we make it our duty to contribute to our community as individuals and as a corporation, and keep our community in mind in everything we do.
Provide high quality, high value, dynamic CDMO services to our clients and effective, safe medications to patients.
- June 3, 2016 Frontida acquired two Philadelphia and one Aurora, Illinois manufacturing, laboratory and packaging locations from Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- 220 employees, most with 15+ years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experience, with all site personnel retained after acquisition
- 3 GMP manufacturing sites in the US
- 125+ products in 60+ strengths and 90+ packaging configurations currently manufactured as a CMO
- 65+ year history developing and commercializing innovative and generic products
- 60% of R&D team with PhD or Masters’ degrees
- Solvents’ handling capabilities for granulations, Wurster and topspray coating processes DEA licenses at all facilities
- 280+ ANDA and NDA product approvals developed and commercialized
- DEA licenses at all facilities