The Human Resources Generalist /Payroll Specialist will provide direct support to the Director of Human Resources in the day- to-day administration, communication, and implementation of human resource activities for the organization. The Human Resources Generalist /Payroll Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll.
• Execute the bi-weekly payroll functions in compliance with external regulations and internal policies for the entire organization; including entering of data into payroll software, changing recurring earning and deductions, maintaining all changes to payroll records, tracking and entering all commissions and bonuses and maintaining PTO plans.
• Process hourly employees’ time and attendance/paid time off from HRIS system, ensuring timecards and hours are properly paid
• Compile and prepares for payroll data changes for new hires, terms, deduction/benefit changes, garnishments, 40lk loans, special payments (stipends), etc.
• Reconcile employee deductions and other liabilities as needed
• Send payroll related files to third party vendors (401(K), etc)
• Assist employees with questions and issues related to Payroll.
• Provide technical support for the Time Keeping System and the Employee/ Manager Self Service applications
• Assess enhancements and upgrade functionality for the HRIS
• Prepare payroll and HR reports
• Maintain integrity of employee data by conducting audits to ensure accuracy.
• Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, responsible for updating and changing forms and procedures that are dictated by changes in employment laws, labor laws, benefit compliance and facility needs.
• Knowledge and administration of FMLA, CFRA, PDL and other Federal and State leave provisions.
• Responsible for benefit administration to include enrollments, terminations, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating one-on-one with employees regarding their employee benefits.
• Support recruiting/talent management efforts for a variety of positions within the company
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying abreast on current and new legislation and stays abreast on employment law/regulations as it pertains to the Human Resources department.
• Responsible for the proper entry/processing of HR transactions (including onboarding new hires, terminations, job and personal data changes, organizational changes etc.)
• Assist new hires with new hire paperwork, benefits overview, and HR/Payroll self-service portal overview.
• Make files on all new personnel and compiles and maintains personnel records.
• Conduct periodic audits of employee records, I-9 records, compensation and data within the HRIS.
• Assist with offboarding process for separations including exit interviews, separation paperwork, etc.
• Maintain and distribute current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communication
• Must participate and successfully complete all training as required by the company.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with 5+ years relevant work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Tech-savvy, with the unique ability to adapt quickly, understand software
- Proficient knowledge of Federal and State Employment and Payroll laws and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and business related application packages highly desired, plus the ability to learn company used applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in fast paced environment
- Must have a collaborative, friendly, accommodating personality to service our internal and external customer
- Must be able to handle all personnel issues/documentation in a confidential manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frontida BioPharm, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in Philadelphia, PA. Our vision is to make a positive impact on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries through our services. We aim to create a healthy, caring and dedicated work environment for our employees, so they can provide the highest quality healthcare products for patients. But we understand that the world is bigger than our four walls. That’s why we make it our duty to contribute to our community as individuals and as a corporation, and keep our community in mind in everything we do.